Active property market benefits designing & renovation firms

Besides real estate developers, the current active property market has benefitted other sectors like the renovation and interior designing companies.

SuMisura, an interior designing firm, which mainly provide show flats designing work has seen its sales increased by 15% last year.

Sales from developers was about 70% of total sales revenue last year while the remaining 30% came from individuals who were impressed by the firm’s design from their visits to such show flats.

Some customers after viewing the showflat and purchased a unit seems to like to go back to the same interior designing firm. While some others engaged the firm to do up their new or old flats.

Luxury-home developer SC Global engaged European designer Hermes  to design the interiors for an apartment at The Marq this year.

Hermes Home Division which has a beautiful store at Liat Towers expect a very strong interest from Asian customers here for its designing work as a spin off from this partnership.

Besides interior designing companies, other property related firm like Kitchen Culture, which create fine quality and highly functional kitchens seems to benefit from the current property boom as well.

More than 50% of its sales were derived from fitting residential projects with trendy kitchens. The company has received more than S$11 million worth of sales to supply property developers with kitchens in homes in Singapore and Malaysia in the first 4 months of this year.
 

Source: 25 May 2012