It appears that buyers are still purchasing condo units in the traditionally inauspicious Hungry Ghost Festival as price is the determining factor among younger group of buyers. The lunar seventh month started from Aug 17 and end on Sept 15.
For these younger and affluent buyers, their purchasing decision are mainly based on affordability and investment opportunity rather than superstition.
Some of the sales transaction during the lunar 7th month include :
- 27 units sold for V on Shenton in one week for a total sale of 217 units at an average price of $2,200 psf.
- 15 units sold for Parc Centros at Punggol in one week for a total sale of 525 units with prices ranging from $800 and over $1,000 psf.
- 15 unit sold for Parc Olympia in Upper Changi in one week for a total sale of 319 units at an average price of $840 psf.
- 34 units sold for various projects from the Far East group with Hillsta at Choa Chu Kang as its top performer for the week.
- Apex @ Henderson, an industrial property development, has sold out all the units except for the canteen with prices ranging from $750 to $850 psf.
- M38 at Jalan Pemimpin, another industrial property development, is 80% sold with prices averaging $850 psf.
- One Dusun Residences, a mixed use development at Balestier was completely sold within 2 days of private preview.
5 Sep 2012