District-level underground plans, released for the first time under the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) Draft Master Plan, will help the nation build deeper and wider, freeing up more surface land for people-centric uses. Three-dimensional subterranean maps of Marina Bay, Jurong Innovation District and Punggol Digital District were rolled out at the launch of the Draft Master Plan at the URA Centre in Maxwell Road. The underground plans are part of a strategy to create spaces for the future as well as build capacity for growth. Some other highlights from the plan, which may be gazetted later this year: one-stop neighbourhood hubs, greater southern waterfront, transforming paya lebar air base.
Other property news
- Freehold Villa Des Flores for enbloc sales
- Top Bid For Maiden Bidadari Site
- DC Rises Amid Active Enbloc Sales
- Marina One, a KL-S’pore venture mega project.
- Iskandar – Mutual Beneficial project
- Singapore-Johor Bahru MRT service target to commence by H2 2014
- Home Rentals 3 Months
- Singapore Home Prices Seen Reversing